Inner Voice—on using the voice as a tool
a workshop by elephy
Please note that this workshop will take place on June 21 (instead of June 13) !
Coinciding with the exhibition of Imogen Stidworthy, who uses the voice in her work as a sculptural and spatial medium, Netwerk Aalst hosts elephy to organise a 1-day workshop called Inner Voice as part of their Moving Image Atelier (MIA) series.
Filmmaker and voice coach Sonia Pastecchia will guide participants on a journey to discover their inner voices as a tool to use in their artistic practice, in activism, and in their daily lives. Together, participants will explore where the voice originates, how to breathe, how to deliver dramatic or personal texts, speeches or sounds, and how to feel comfortable when using their voice, projecting it into space.
Beginning with exercises that guide us to open the vocal chords, every participant can then shape their own journey to suit their own motivation, their own intention to utilize their voice. Each participant will challenge and develop their own possibilities of sound vocalization, learning from the voice within themselves.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Elephy: Introduction and overview
- 09:30 – 10:45 Sonia Pastecchia: Origins of the voice: concepts and translation into practice with vocal exercises
- 10:45-11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00 – 12:30 Group: Sharing intention: participants propose their own voice quest and receive advice
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 16:30 Hands-on voice training — Vocalization: a journey with intent. Coaching from Sonia Pastecchia
- 16:00 – 17:30 Reflections
- Friday, June 21
- Price: 15 € (including lunch)
- The workshop will be given in English but we’ll try our best to help everyone in their own language.
- That same evening (at 8 PM) Netwerk Film will show the music documentary The King. Visit our film website for more information.
elephy is a Brussels-based production and distribution platform for film and media art founded by Rebecca Jane Arthur, Chloë Delanghe, Eva Giolo and Christina Stuhlberger in 2018 (see www.elephy.org for more info).