Eye Spy Film Night
SPY SCHOOL is a series of lectures and workshops by Croatian theater director Tea Tupaji?. After a chance meeting with Israeli security officers at the Tel Aviv airport, she was fascinated by the interrogation techniques and espionage methods of secret services.
During the SPY SCHOOL workshops, Tea Tupaji? will transfer this secret knowledge to the participating groups. More info about the workshops can be found elsewhere on this website.
In the context of SPY SCHOOL, Netwerk Film will pull an all-nighter with a special programme. From the evening through the night until the early morning: the programme is suitable for both night owls and little ones, plus their parents.
The guideline for our selection is a list compiled by former CIA officer Kenneth A. Daigler. Prior to each film, that very same Kenneth A. Daigler will give a short introduction to via Skype.
Kenneth A. Daigler about his selection:
"Since intelligence professionals know the realities of the business, most spy genre movies have little professional appeal to them. While occasionally it is amusing to see one’s self glorified in some death-defying feats and involved with seductive female adversaries, these scenes have little to do with the practical application of the trade. However, there are a few movies which have managed to capture some of the realities of the profession and make the film a teachable tool. Some of these films have been used as focal points for tradecraft discussions during basic training of case officers."
To start the evening, Bureau d’Alimentation serves a notorious dinner. In the morning, we have got you covered with breakfast.
Head on over to the website of Netwerk Film for more info and trailers about the programme.
Friday 25 May
- 18:30 Bureau d’Alimentation, Spy Edition
- 20:00 Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy (2011) (127’) (intr. Kenneth A. Daigler) with Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch
- 22:30 The French Connection (1971) (104’) (intr. Kenneth A. Daigler) with Gene Hackman, Fernando Rey, Roy Scheider, James Fox
Saturday 26 May
- 00:30 The Day of the Jackal (1973) (143’) (intr. Kenneth A. Daigler) with Edward Fox, Michael Lonsdale, Alan Badel
- 03:00 The Manchurian Candidate (1962) (126’) (intr. Kenneth A. Daigler) with Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey, Janet Leigh, Angela Lansbury
- 05:15 The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) (112’) (intr. Kenneth A. Daigler) with Richard Burton, Claire Bloom, Oskar Werner
- 07:30 Argo (2012) (120’) (intr. Kenneth A. Daigler) with Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston, Alan Arkin
- 09:30 Film Breakfast
- 10:30 De Buurtspion (75’) Dutch spoken.
Cost Bureau d’Alimentation + Eye Spy Film Night + Breakfast: 25 €
Cost Eye Spy Film Night + Breakfast: 12 €
Use you ticket for Eye Spy Film Night however you want; watch films until you fall asleep (we’ll provide sleeping bags and pillows), go home to nap and come back again for breakfast; or every combination in between.
Please subscribe and let us know if you’re up for Bureau d’Alimentation by sending an e-mail or by calling 053 70 97 73